Gorgeous golden filigree vintage oriental fans with leaf motif have tiny copper and gold tassels attached.
Part of our Antiquities Collection inspired by the artisans of old.
Stunning, simple and easy to wear day into night.
The secret language of the fan had its hey day in the 18th century.
- The fan placed near the heart: "You have won my love"
- A closed fan touching the right eye: "When may I be allowed to see you?"
- The number of sticks shown answered the question: "At what hour?"
- Half-opened fan pressed to the lips: "You may kiss me"
- Hands clasped together holding an open fan: "Forgive me"
- Covering the left ear with an open fan: "Do not betray our secret"
- Hiding the eyes behind an open fan: "I love you"
- Shutting a fully opened fan slowly: "I promise to marry you"
- Drawing the fan across the eyes: "I am sorry"
- Touching the finger to the tip of the fan: "I wish to speak with you"
- Letting the fan rest on the right cheek: "Yes"
- Letting the fan rest on the left cheek: "No"
- Putting the fan handle to the lips: "Kiss me"